JERU SWIFT practical training 10 - 15 April 2017, Solkan near Nova Gorica, Slovenia
- To prepare team members of national units for flood response operations in the South East Europe region;
- To establish effective regional cooperation and coordination of the preparedness activities in the region of South Eastern Europe in case of major floods;
- To enhance the participants’ knowledge about international disaster response operations;
- To increase the participants’ capability knowledge of water rescue techniques and tactics and tactical problem solving;
- To increase knowledge of water rescue techniques, tactics, tools and equipment and boat rescue techniques;
- To build a network among the participants by sharing the experience, existing know-how and team building.
The JERU project aims to develop operational capabilities in case of floods in the region of SEE. The overall goal of the project is to establish, equip and train the Emergency Response Units in the DPPI SEE member countries. The project initial design has been remodeled to match the other similar interventions in the region implemented under European Commission Instrument for Pre-Accession assistance - IPA in order to avoid potential duplications and ensure necessary synergies. The project envisages organization of four (4) Swift Water Rescue trainings and one final Field Exercise.