ENGLISH LANGUAGE COURSE with emphasis on terminology in the field of civil protection/disaster management, 14-19 November 2011, Ig, Slovenia
The course was organized and hosted by the Administration of the Republic of Slovenia for Civil Protection and Disaster Relief at the Training Centre for Civil Protection and Disaster Relief in Ig near Ljubljana (Slovenia). The course represented Slovenian contribution to the DPPI SEE Disaster Management Training Programme 2011.
- Became familiar with the basic terminology used in disaster management.
- Learned the terminology used in relevant documents and correspondence.
- Were able to read documents, such as EURATOM Acts and EU Council Decisions, and other texts related to this field, understand key points and most details.
- Were able to understand authentic European Commission Monitoring and Information Centre (MIC) messages, assessments and situation reports.
- Were able to write MIC messages, assessments and short situation reports, based on given scenarios, to express ideas in a properly organized manner demonstrating a suitable control of basic grammatical structures.
- Were able to identify and correct language mistakes in the above mentioned correspondence.